Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sun Flares...

Hello Friends!

Welcome to my new blog! I'm going to be posting any photo shoots I do (along with any practicing as is the case here...) so check back often! This is not going to be a blog dedicated to the amazing wonder that is Lorelai (not that she won't be making cameos), so check my other blog for that! Hope everyone enjoys!

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out yet, the unofficial name of the business is
Deliberately Chic Photography

Here's the first post!


Sun Flares

I had a chance yesterday to practice catching sun flares with Rachel...it was alot of fun to actually be able to practice different skills without have to chase my subject! Here's my first attempts at sun flares...






























I think this last one is my favorite!

















The only difficult part was lighting up Rachel's face enough without upping my ISO to it's highest point (which is what I ended up having to do for most of these....which is why most of them look a little grainy.) If I had a tripod I could have lowered my shutter speed to compensate, but alas, I do not own a tripod. I'll have to try a little earlier in the day next time so that it isn't quite so dark.

Here are some fun pictures we took while we were getting ready for my cousin Nikki to get there (just to clarify, we got there early, she wasn't late...)






Rachel is truly the perfect model. She knows what I'm talking about when I tell her to make certain faces or gaze off into the distance, deep in thought (hehehe.) The trick is she does it without a dramatic, unrealistic flare. She is good. And, um, hello....gorgeous.
You can expect to see alot of her on this blog.
Next up (later today) : Maternity shoot with Nikki!
Peace Out,
DCP

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful subject. I'm a little biased I suppose. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Katie! I am so proud of you and your new venture!!! Great job on the sun flares....ahem...I would like tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I wanted to share these AWESOME sites with you:
    for editing and fun stuff: www.picnik.com
    for inspiration: http://laurenclarkphoto.squarespace.com/

    ReplyDelete