Thursday, June 11, 2009

Maternity Session #1

Okay, I think it went pretty well for being the first maternity session I've ever done. Girls- try to not hate Nikki. It's not her fault she is almost 37 weeks pregnant and is just now wearing maternity clothes. Nor is it her fault she still has the skinniest legs and face (how is it possible she is not swollen yet? I started to swell at 28 weeks. *don't be bitter, don't be bitter*) As I was saying. Try to not hate her for being at the end of her third trimester, and still being freakishly small and cute...

More Sun Flares!

Thanks to Nikki for being a good sport and laying flat on your back in a field (full term, mind you) until I got a good shot, and thanks to Rach for meeting me with the rocking chair and being my slave-child.

10 comments:

  1. Uhhhh, what's with you and the boobies shot (Subject lying down on their back, feet in the background head in the foreground)? Same thing with Rachel. Don't be so creepy DCP.

    Otherwise, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sbfilms- I appreciate you "keepin it real" with your comments, but I don't remember asking for your opinion of my artistic stylings. :) I'm. Not. Creepy. It's a good pic. Thanks for the "good work," though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate! Great job on the maternity pics..and you are right, she is really small and cute (Nikki, I don't know you you but you are a really cute prego!)Maybe when I get prego again (fingers crossed) you can take mine! But I want to be in the nude in a field. Kidding. Kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi- We could call it "Eve" and use fig leaves. Totally. (HA)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all good but I love the ones of her in the rocking chair the most. She's very pretty prego and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow katie...those shots are awesome...you should post where you take the photos also...

    if you ever wanna do some 'ethnic' shots...to practice lighting on darker toned folk....i've got a really cute kid....

    never knew you were this talented....
    pretty impressive...
    i'm so happy FOR you...and proud OF you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Katie!!! You are off to a great start! Can't wait to see more.
    LLH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, You're right - Nikki is awesome! Prego or not! You really 'caught' the real Nikki. The one that smiles and is fun to be around. I really love the pictures! GREAT JOB!!
    Don't know what "sblfilms" is talking about the 'boobie shots'! Those shots were done in a tasteful manner and were NOT vulgar in anyway. sblfilms needs to get his head out of the gutter!
    Aunt Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie! Awesome pictures of Nikki! The backgrounds and props...you did a wonderful job. I work with Margaret (I made the baby shower cake) and she told me you were launching a business. I've seen your work here and I abosolutely love it...can I be your customer? I have a really cute son, and I think you would capture that cuteness just right.
    Kylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylee- I'd love for you to be! E-mail me at KatieLittlesEmail@gmail.com and we'll set something up.

    ReplyDelete